Retail Competition Rules & Resolutions
of Conduct for Competitive Retail Market Participants –
establishes standards of behavior for marketing electricity in order to
protect customers. It also provides limitations on the relationship between
DU and its Local/Affiliate RES, and ensures
that the DU delivers non-discriminatory service to all customers, regardless
of their choice of RES.
for the Supplier of Last Resort - the set of rules that: (1)
encourages contestable customers to choose their supplier of electricity
upon the commencement of retail competition and open access; and (2) ensures
the provision of continuous supply of electricity to contestable customers
in the event of RES’ inability to provide electricity.
on Rate Filing by the Supplier of Last Resort-
provides the SOLR with a uniform filing system for applications
by the SOLR for the approval of SOLR rate / charges to the affected Contestable
Market, and to ensure recovery of the allowable premium and reasonable return
associated with the SOLR service.
Rules and Complaint Procedures – prohibits anti-competitive
behavior and abuse of market power, and specifies the appropriate penalties
and remedies for such behaviors.
Separation Guidelines (BSG), As Amended 1
of 4 , 2
of 4, 3
of 4, 4
of 4 – prescribes the clear separation of business operations
and accounts between the regulated and non-regulated business activities
of electric power industry participants.
Services and Open Access Rules (DSOAR) (Attachments: 6.1
Connection Agreement, 6.2
Generator Application, 6.3
Generator Agreement, 6.4
Easement Form, 6.5
Meter Ownership Agreement, 6.6
DWS Agreement) - pertains to the provision of services by a DU to captive
and contestable customers, the RES, other DUs, and generators, under the
new competitive environment.
for Contestability - defines the eligibility requirements for the end-users’ transition to contestability status.
Resolution No. 1, Series of 2011 - A Resolution Adopting the Revised Rules
For the Issuance of Licenses to Retail Electricity Suppliers (RES)
Resolution No. 2, Series of 2008 - A Resolution Adopting the Rules For Contestability
Resolution No. 2, Series of 2007 - A Resolution to Clarify ERC's Operational
Resolution No. 3, Series of 2007 - A Resolution Indicating the Timeline for
Full Retail Competition and Open Access in Luzon
- ERC Resolution No. 27, Series of 2010 - A Resolution Amending the Pertinent Provisions of Resolution No. 48, Series of 2006 (A Resolution Summarizing the Applicable Legal Principles and Policies of ERC End-user Connections)
- ERC Resolution No. 27, Series of 2011 - A Resolution on the Installation of Interval Meters
in the Premises of Qualified Contestable Customers and on the Provision of their Load Profile
- ERC Resolution No. 16, Series of 2012- A Resolution Adopting the Transitory Rules for the Initial Implementation of Open Access and Retail Competition
- ERC Resolution No. 5, Series of 2013- A Resolution On Disclosures of Capacity and Energy Allocations by Distribution Utilities in the Luzon and Visayas Grids and Retail Electricity Suppliers
- ERC Resolution No. 11, Series of 2013- A Resolution Adopting the Supplemental Rules to the Transitory Rules for the Initial Implementation of Open Access and Retail Competition
- ERC Resolution No. 22, Series of 2013- A Resolution Adopting Amendments to Articles I, II and III of the Revised Rules for the Issuance of Licenses to Retail Electricity Suppliers
- ERC Resolution No. 05, Series of 2014- A Resolution Adopting the Establishment of Customer Information by the Central Registration Body (CRB) and Reportorial Requirements Imposed on it
- ERC Resolution No. 06 Series of 2014- A Resolution on the Withdrawal of the Rules on Customer Switching and the Retention of the Code of Conduct for Competitive Retail Market Participants
- ERC Resolution No. 17 Series of 2014- A Resolution Suspending the Issuance of Retail Electricity Suppliers (RES) Licenses
- ERC Resolution No. 5 Series of 2016- A Resolution Adopting the 2016 Rules Governing the Issuance of Licenses to Retail Electricity Suppliers (RES and Prescribing the Requirements and Conditions Therefor